Telnr. +31(0)346 269090
Elga Prima filter replace instruction
Identification of Consumables
There are one type of unique replacement consumable designed for use in the PURELAB Prima units and this is illustrated with the following part number:
LC140 Pre-treatment cartridge
All consumables are accessible after opening the front door cover.
WARNING! ALWAYS CHECK THAT THE MAINS ELECTRICAL POWER AND FEED WATER SUPPLIES ARE SWITCHED OFF BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO CHANGE THE PURELAB PRIMA CONSUMABLES.
Frequency of Consumable Replacement
The following frequency of consumable replacement is recommended as a guide assuming typical usage.
Pre-treatment - LC140 max 6 months
Reverse Osmosis - LC143 every 2 - 3 years (not an operator replacement item)
CAUTION! Ensure that the display and replacement timer settings are reset after replacing consumables.
For instruction how to reset the replacement timer cl
Replacing the LC140 Pre-treatment Cartridge
The pre-treatment cartridge should be replaced when indicated by the change reminder.
Location of Pre-treatment Cartrdge
Step 1 - Switch Unit Off
1. SWITCH the PURELAB Option-R off at the power switch at the top left hand side of the unit.
2. ENSURE pressure has dissipated from the unit by opening the dispense tap.
Step 2 - Remove Pre-treatment Cartridge
1. OPEN front door.
2. IDENTIFY the pre-treatment cartridge (LC140).
3. REMOVE the reducing fitting from the elbow at the bottom of the cartridge, by pushing back the retaining collet on the push fit connector and withdrawing the reducer.
4. REMOVE the reducing fitting from the elbow at the top of the cartridge.
5. REMOVE exhausted cartridge from retaining clips and discard.
Note: The consumable is non-hazardous. Dispose of as ordinary waste, observing all local and national regulations.
Step 3 - Replacing the Pre-treatment Cartridge
1. UNPACK new cartridge and remove the two protective transit plugs sealing the inlet and outlet connection.
2. SECURE the new cartridge into its retaining clips ensuring the cartridge is the correct way up.
3. REFIT the inlet tubing into the bottom of the cartridge by pushing the reducer into the elbow connector until locked and held by the retaining collet.
4. REFIT the outlet tubing at the top of the cartridge.
5. RESET pre-treatment cartridge timer.
For instruction how to reset the replacement timer click on the icon.
(Foto_LINK naar (Reset Replacement Timer Elga Option)
6. PRESS the PROCESS button to start the unit.
7. CHECK the unit for leaks and close front door.